The Customer Development Manager (CDM) is responsible for developing and growing sales volume in assigned territory, markets and regions through effective relationships with store operations personnel at the region and market level. Developing relationships with these higher level decision makers should have a positive impact on all assigned stores within a given region or market.
The CDM works with Retail Supervisors to raise the level of effectiveness across the entire area and region. This may include such opportunities as: planning, working retail with Retail Sales Merchandisers (RSMs), training and developing skills of RSM's.
- Meeting or exceeding POS to plan goals for assigned territory and markets.
- Growing POS by selling incremental display locations, selling the execution of plan-o-gramed locations, executing initiatives as well as maintaining in stock conditions.
- Developing and leveraging relationships with key influence and decision makers in assigned stores, markets, and regions.
- Delivering consistent market & region level contact.
- Effectively gaining front end and main aisle presence.
- Provides sales training and skill development of RSM's in assigned geographies.
- Participates and may lead meetings for their area or other RS area meetings.
- Follows sales call standards and effectively orchestrates a call coverage plan that meets the business needs of the client and retail customer.
- Effectively manages RSM training.
- Administration/Reporting: complete accurate and timely paperwork, reports, recaps, itineraries, timesheets, expense reports, etc.
- (Required) High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience (Preferred) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years work experience in applicable field
- Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Conflict management skills
- Decision making skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, and web-browsers
Advantage Sales and Marketing, LLC dba Advantage Solutions is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Over 40,000 passionate, talented people make Advantage everything it is today, which is why we’re committed to providing top-notch training and development opportunities to see them succeed.
As you might imagine, our success, coupled with the way we value our expert associates, is a massive draw for passionate, educated individuals looking for a place to excel. Fortunately, we’re growing, so we have plenty of room. If you’re dedicated, talented, and service minded, you’re invited to explore our open positions and consider a future with us.