Supplier Quality Engineer opportunity with a large automotive manufacturing client located near the Birmingham, AL area. This position will be responsible for investigating, analyzing, and correcting supplier parts problems to parts quality throughout the full life cycle associated with Body in White and/or automotive sheet metal and stamping. This position is bonus eligible. Relocation is available for eligible candidates.
Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
- Lead Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities and work with other plants and departments to assure SOP
- Creation and alignment of the production parts approval process ( PPAP ) per guidelines
- Run at rate, appearance approval, setting boundary samples, review trial parts, and reporting part readiness for launch to the management team
- Fixture and gauge concept and capability validation
- Supplier Validation and development process
- Perform process audits at suppliers and monitor supplier performance to company targets and standards
- Other duties as typical and required
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or a related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 or more years experience in the Automotive Industry working at an OEM or a Tier 1 Supplier with Body in White and/or automotive sheet metal and stamping
- Experience in the welding, forming and assembly of automotive sheet metal and automotive A-class sheet metal stamping experience
- Solid understanding of tolerances and GD&T
- Familiarity with ASTM, and/or DBL standards for sheet metal and welding
- Strong Quality background within automotive OEM and its supply chain
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business—identifying the ideal professionals for an organization’s culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.