Req ID:¬ 92112¬
VICE PRESIDENT OF OPERATIONS - ALABAMA
St. Vincent‚€™s Home Health & Hospice is seeking a dynamic, experienced home health professional to lead our team as Vice President of Operations in our Alabama market. Qualified candidates should have extensive home health/hospice experience, strong team building skills, and proven ability to grow census.
Create a culture of sustained growth by providing strategic direction and operational management for a particular area. ¬ Responsible for all AHAH business and service lines in his/her target area. ¬ The VP Operations ‚€“ AHAH must work to meet the market‚€™s financial objectives and support the strategic direction of the organization.¬ Success can be realized by ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction, developing/retaining profitable market share, and increasing growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Achievement of annual assigned gross profit goals through the following:
¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ Retention of assigned clients
¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ Achievement of financial goals in each assigned service ¬ site
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate operations to ensure the provision of adequate and appropriate care and services
- Represents Home Health and Hospice services within the Ascension Health Local Ministry as a member of the team assigned to deliver clinically integrated healthcare along the network continuum. Ensures effective reporting to and communication with DYAD leadership in accordance with the Ascension operating model. Provides appropriate strategic input into clinical and contracting decisions that affect the healthcare continuum.¬ Maintains effective relationships with clinical and executive leaders to ensure that local health ministry decisions are informed by a post-acute perspective.
- Support full time/part time business ¬ development efforts through proposal/proforma¬ pricing analysis
- Develop distinctive strategies to achieve competitive advantage; translate broad growth, and other relevant strategies into specific objectives and action plans; align the organization to support strategic priorities
- Demonstrate sound, entrepreneurial risk taking by championing new ideas and initiatives that address market potential, level of care needs, and customer expectations.¬ Identify financially sound, new business opportunities and make them a reality in order to create a culture of sustained growth; foster innovation and risk taking
- Plan, prepare, and utilize financial records (including budgets, forecasts, payroll data, etc.) and key metrics in order to analyze and make decisions to meet specific strategic and financial goals.¬ Take timely and appropriate corrective actions when necessary to ensure financial expectations (EBITDA, ROIC, etc.) are met
- P&L responsibility for all business lines
- Responsible for each location‚€™s ¬ ¬ accounts receivable (AR) and possess an understanding of all payer classes (Medicare, Medicaid, HMO‚€™s, 3rd party insurers, VA, etc.).¬ Collaborate with billing (as well as all support departments) to ensure AR is promptly addressed
- .Ensure customer satisfaction and contract retention, by providing optimal service levels to agencies, hospitals, and the medical community.¬ Analyze information regarding customer satisfaction, modify processes, and counsel employees to ensure high levels of customer service
- Direct and monitor organizational performance improvement activities
- Review and approve expense reports and invoices in compliance with company policy
- Keep current on industry trends that have potential impact on the division
- Formulate, coordinate and/or lead marketing activities and business development to increase revenues and reduce ¬ costs
- Design, implement and maintain processes to maximize quality of operations
- When appropriate, influence others, by asserting own ideas and persuading others; gain support and commitment and mobilize people to take action
- Demonstrate strong execution skills by outlining goals and expectations, assigning responsibilities and clearly defining ¬ roles; delegate to and empower others, remove obstacles, allow for and contribute needed resources, coordinate work efforts when necessary, and monitor progress
- Execute on the company‚€™s emergency/disaster plan and take control of situations as needed during times of emergency.¬ Interact with other emergency relief providers: public and private
- Establish goals and objectives for field operations based upon communicated goals and strategies for the region, and clearly communicate these goals and objectives to the appropriate employees
- Deliver clear, convincing, and well-organized information in presentations and written format; understand audience and position message accordingly; use appropriate language and illustrations to convey key points; project credibility and poise even in highly visible, adversarial situations
- Demonstrate sound judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues; define issues clearly despite ambiguity; take all critical information into account when making decisions; and make timely, tough decisions
- Act as a resource to employees in resolving problems and increasing effectiveness
- Monitor and ensure compliance with OSHA, EEO, and other applicable local, state, and federal laws governing business and employee relations
- Ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as regulatory and accrediting bodies
- Administer the capital budget to ensure effective use of available resources
- Moderate travel to assigned areas of responsibility
- Mentor employees, conduct performance evaluations, champion succession planning, counsel and provide corrective actions to direct reports, and work to facilitate individual and team development that drive positive results
- Bachelor‚€™s degree in business, healthcare or appropriate field of study.¬
St. Vincent‚€™s Home Health & Hospice is a proud member of Ascension Health at Home, a leading provider in the delivery of compassionate patient-centered healthcare services including home health, infusion therapy and hospice.
Formed in 2014, Ascension Health at Home is a national partnership between Ascension Health and Evolution Health. The partnership includes all Ascension-affiliated home health, hospice, home infusion therapy and private duty/supportive care services. Visit us at www.ahah.net ¬ to learn more about our organization and view all career opportunities.