Buyer opportunity with a client in the Automotive manufacturing industry located South of the Birmingham, AL area. This position will be responsible to provide simplified, cost effective purchasing services to internal departments to ensure immediate and long range requirements are being met.
Responsibilities for the Buyer
- Assist in developing, implementing and refining a local procurement strategy for local commodities to include cost, quality, time saving opportunities and overall supplier value
- Negotiate terms and conditions, award contracts, purchase orders, as well as a resource to internal clients in the resolution of contractual problems with suppliers
- Ensure the application of a full life cycle view in sourcing decisions
- Routinely and professionally communicate to ensure alignment between procurement and business stakeholders
- As needed, coach less experienced business stakeholders on procurement process and controls
- As part of the team participate in development of new and improving existing procurement processes and tools
- Other duties as needed
Requirements for the Buyer
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Finance, Logistics, Engineering or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proven knowledge of procurement related to goods and services, regulations, standards, policies and practices, ideally in the automotive manufacturing industry
- Demonstrated experience in negotiations, contracting, stakeholder management and local sourcing strategy development
- Ability to foster effective relationships built on trust and focus on customer needs with tact and diplomacy
- High attention to detail combined with the ability to show a continuous improvement mindset
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business—identifying the ideal professionals for an organization’s culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.