This is an opportunity to work with one of the leading location technology consulting organizations. If you are passionate about achieving results by using your technical skills to support and drive Business Develop efforts and meet the following description, please submit your resume using the link below.
Role: Sales Operations Specialist
To guide the sales team by developing a structured sales process, analyzing sales performance within the framework of that process, and implementing solutions based on the results of their analysis. Primary responsibilities will be managing sales opportunities throughout the life cycle including RFP management, sales metrics management, support, and coordinating technical and sales expertise for client engagements.
Candidates must be able to obtain a security clearance and proof of U.S.. Citizenship is required.
- Responsible for moving lead through all steps of the sales cycle as directed by BD Lead (coordinating and consulting as appropriate)
- Manage the sale process metrics as defined by CRO and adapted to the business units as appropriate
- Facilitate sharing of reports and sales data between sales, marketing, and other departments
- Gather data and conduct analysis of company sales and profitability
- Develop methods for measuring company sales performance
- Assist with the design and development of information products to support the BD team
- Act as RFP manager on proposals as needed and provide proposal support as needed.
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong knowledge of the sales pipeline and CRM systems
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy, productivity, and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work productively with a wide range of people
- Self-motivated, driven and pro-active
- Strong team skills and the ability to work independently
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, IT/GIS, Geography or related field
- Sales operations and/or customer service experience
- Understanding of sales operations workflow, basic accounting practices, and general audit requirements
- Demonstrated experience in CRM Management; preferred experience in Salesforce
Additional experience can be substituted for education
Experience Preferred (Bonus: In addition to required):
- Experience with the Salesforce Software
- knowledge of the application of GIS technologies
- Location: Office locations in Birmingham, AL; Alexandria, VA, or work at home considered
- Travel up to 10% of the time.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer
Geographic Information Services, Inc. (GISinc) is an award-winning location based technology and professional services firm headquartered in Birmingham, Ala., with offices throughout the United States. Since 1991 our team of GIS professionals has been using Geographic Information Systems to solve staffing, technology, and business needs in markets ranging from Federal, State and Local Governments to some of the largest public and privately-held companies in the world. For more information on GISinc please visit our website www.gisinc.com.