Job ID:¬ 94369
Midsouth Paving, Inc., part of Oldcastle Materials Southeast Division, is a leading supplier of quality asphalt and Construction Services in the Southeastern U.S., with operations in Alabama, southern Tennessee, Georgia and the Florida Panhandle. Working with government agencies, private contractors, counties and municipalities, we produce millions of tons of quality construction materials and pave many miles of highways every year. Our highly skilled workforce strives to deliver the highest quality products and services in a safe, timely and efficient manner, on every project.¬ Mid-South Paving, Inc. ¬ is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and an E-Verify Participant.¬
This position is a key resource in driving reductions in total costs and strategically managing supplier relationships in order to improve the division‚€™s profitability and competitive position.¬ The Sourcing Category Manager is responsible for managing spend categories through the use of the division‚€™s strategic sourcing process, including developing strategies, establishing a program and managing the overall success of the program.¬ The Sourcing Category Manager will work directly with suppliers, division procurement personnel, management and other key internal stakeholders to ensure program objectives are achieved.¬ The scope of the position is a spend of $50-$100+ Million across a number of categories.¬
Develop and implement category strategies - Work extensively with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders in developing and implementing sourcing strategies to address cost, quality and service expectations and deliver innovative products and solutions
- Employ strategic sourcing processes that drive effective strategy development and supplier selection
- Capitalize on supplier capabilities and market trends
- Utilize creative approaches to reduce total cost and develop negotiation strategies with alternative plans
- Conduct effective supplier negotiations with clear outcomes
- Formulate roll-out and implementation plans including supplier and employee communication
- Prepare contingency plans to mitigate risk on supply and cost
Manage category costs - Lead Division on managing and reducing costs for assigned categories
- Provide cost and market information to support annual budgeting and long term planning
- Develop and meet cost reduction targets
- Communicate cost changes with mitigation plans to address upward price movement
- Analyze total costs including life cycle and demand (volume and product usage) with standardization and substitution opportunities to reduce costs
- Maintain cost and product / service information in current and future procurement systems and support the utilization of e-procurement technologies
Manage supplier relationships and performance - Establish relationships, processes and initiatives that contribute to the overall development, improvement and delivery of supplier performance
- Execute contracts and service level agreements
- Measure internal compliance to commitments
- Measure supplier performance to service levels and other contractual obligations
- Develop performance processes to incorporate metrics and establish continuous improvement plans
- Manage product discontinuations or changes
- Obtain stakeholder feedback and communicate program progress (including key performance metrics and program benefits) to internal stakeholders.
Identify New Opportunities - Find new opportunities to improve value and performance which deliver demonstrable benefits for the business
- Evaluate new products or services
- Reduce the supplier base
- Optimize existing purchasing practices to leverage spend across other operating divisions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor of Science or related degree required with 5 plus years of business, procurement, plant operations / engineering or related experience.¬
- Solid Strategic Sourcing / category management skills with a proven record for delivering results.
- Effective team builder and leader with the ability to inspire and motivate a diverse team within a highly matrixed environment
- Knowledge of procurement tools and process management including: strategic sourcing processes; procurement best practices, procedures, and policies; and strategic sourcing and operating metrics.
- Experience working with databases, data warehouse applications and / or ERP systems.¬ Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with formation of cross functional teams
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing would be beneficial
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
- Demonstrated orientation and commitment to achieving the organization's goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to get positive results through influence, persuasion, leadership, presentations, training, and group facilitation skills.
- Ability to think strategically and interact with all levels of the organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- High ethical standards
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Proven negotiation results
- Ability to drive change and sell new concepts and approaches through persistence, self-motivation, energy, tenacity, follow-through, and commitment
- Understanding of Sourcing‚€™s impact on financial results
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America‚€™s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you‚€™re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this¬ link.¬ ¬ ¬
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the¬ Oldcastlecareers‚„Ę¬ network.