SCA owns and/or provides management services to?194?ambulatory surgery centers, surgical hospitals, and hospital surgery departments, in partnership with approximately?2,800?physicians and in affiliation with?105?health systems. SCA's clinical systems, service line growth strategies, benchmarking processes, and efficiency programs create measurable advantage for surgical facilities ? clinically, operationally, and financially. For more information on SCA, visit?www.scasurgery.com.
Large, 8 Operating Room, 1 Procedure Room Multispecialty Ambulatory Surgical Facility. The facility opened in 1984 and currently serves over 100 surgeons.? Surgical Specialties provided include Ophthalmology, Interventional Pain Management, Otolaryngology, Orthopedics & Spine, Gynecological Surgery, General Surgery, Plastic Surgery, Podiatry and Oral Surgery. Patients have their same-day surgery in a warm, inviting environment and are discharged home after recovery. The facility does offer 23-hour stay when patients need to be observed overnight.
Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
The Eye Center OR Circulating Registered Nurse position will provide support to the facility by performing circulating RN duties in the 1st Floor Operating Room at a multispecialty Ambulatory Surgery Center. Specialties performed in the Eye Center for this role include Ophthalmology, Interventional Pain, Orthopedics, Podiatry, and General Surgery.
- Provides direct clinical patient care to surgical patients in the operating room.
- Prepares the operating room for procedures each day (assuring all supplies, implants, and equipment is present and ready).
- Assisting with efficient Operating Room turn over between cases to prepare for the next case.
- Accurate and legible documentation in the medical record.
- Accurate and legible documentation of the inventory and maintenance of preference cards.
- Communicates effectively with department teammates, physician offices and patients to assure continuity of patient care.
- Identifies potentially unsafe situations and notifies supervisor.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Registered Nurse, licensed in the state of Alabama;
- 1-2 years OR Circulating Experience REQUIRED;
- Ophthalmology OR experience strongly preferred.
- Must be personable, friendly, and exhibit flexibility and positive interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills MANDATORY.
- Knowledge of typical OR equipment required.
- Computer experience, HST, Excel, Word.
Please send resumes to: email@example.com / 2016-2980