Direct Hire Opportunity $30K-$40K (depending on experience)
The Mortgage Consultant/Loan Originator is responsible for the sales and origination of family residential mortgage applications and making appropriate product recommendations within pre-determined guidelines and rates set forth by the Bank and its investors in order to make the appropriate mortgage loan recommendation based on customer credit, financial and property LTV information.
Where is this job located : Downtown Birmingham /Southside area
- Ideal candidate will have previous portfolio style lending experience
- Responsible for the sales and origination of family residential within predetermined guidelines and rates set forth by the Bank and its investors
- Advise customer on the advantages/disadvantages of the mortgage product
- Develop and follow through with a business plan to market self to various business sources
- Identify opportunities to cross-sell other products and services
- Perform other assignments and projects as required
- Provide support at bank sponsored events
- Respond to customer's residential mortgage needs by analyzing their financial profile, identifying the appropriate mortgage program for them and ultimately originating their application for credit
- Must adhere to pertinent laws, regulations, Company’s Compliance Policy and external compliance requirements
What we are looking for..
- 3 years’ experience in real estate/mortgage sales required or 5 years proven product and relationship sales skills
- Strong entrepreneurial and business development/sales experience/skills
- Subject matter expert - mortgage compliance regulations
- Business acumen and judgment- bank mortgage products, policies, and procedures
- Needs analysis (analyzing information regarding customer income/debts, etc.)
- Computer proficiency - Mortgage software products (P.O.S laptop origination, auto underwriting, etc.)
- Proven Sales and Customer service skills
- Interpersonal/Persuasive/Influencing and negotiation skills
- Communication (both written and verbal skills must be strong)
- Strong self-Initiative and self-motivation
- Research and multi task skills
- Problem solving
- Monday -Friday 8am -5 pm
Please submit resume to : Click Here to Email Your Resum?
Express – Birmingham SOUTH, is a customized recruiting and staffing firm that can help you find the type of job that is a great fit for your needs and abilities - and you’ll NEVER pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals.
We help associates find work in administrative, commercial and medical positions - professional search, direct hire, temporary, temp to hire (evaluation hire), contract staffing. And if you're on a temporary, evaluation hire, contract or other assignment through Express, you can immediately take advantage of healthcare benefits, accrued holiday pay and accrued vacation pay