Engineering opportunity with a large automotive manufacturing client located near the Birmingham, AL area for someone that has experience working with acoustics, vehicle dynamics and chassis engineering. This position will be responsible planning, execution, engineering analysis and support for the Quality Department's vehicle drive process involving noise vibration harshness related to body, chassis and power train. Relocation is available for eligible candidates.
Responsibilities for the Automotive Engineer
- Engineering support through the testing of shake, harshness, power train and drive train NVH, body and suspension isolation, road noise, HVAC systems and other systems as needed
- Perform NVH and wind noise subjective evaluations, investigate problem root causes, develop appropriate countermeasures and summarize findings
- Participate in cross-functional teams with groups responsible for NVH development of body, chassis, and power train using CAE and physical test
- Lead support for JD Power initiatives around customer relevant topics pertaining to vehicle noise and functions
- Plan, conduct, and complete appropriate NVH lab testing (hot/cold chamber, shaker booth, etc.) and identify issues through hands on vehicle testing, evaluation and data assessment
- Other duties as typical and needed in this type of role
Requirements for the Automotive Engineer
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- 3 or more years engineering experience in automobile development especially in the area of acoustics, vehicle dynamics and chassis engineering
- Experience in Computer Aided Design / Engineering, Finite Element Method, Noise Control, and mechanics of materials
- Experience in system engineering, FMEA, robustness, and reliability experience
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines in a fast paced, team oriented environment
- Experience with dynamic vehicle evaluations
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business—identifying the ideal professionals for an organization’s culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.