- We have an opening for 4 full-time¬ COOK¬ positions.
- Location: St. Vincent's Health System - 810 St. Vincent's Dr., Birmingham, AL 35205. ¬ Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T schedule; shifts will vary between 5:00AM - 8:00PM. Includes weekends.
- Requirement: Previous kitchen experience is required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
TouchPoint Support Services, a member of Compass Group, is dedicated to providing hospitality services in the healthcare & senior living markets. We provide our customers with food & nutrition services, environmental services, patient transportation, laundry & linen processing, and valet parking. All of the associates in our organization are bonded together by a commitment to provide our patients, residents, guests, and customers with the very best hospitality experience by serving the needs of others through our brand promise, compassion at every point of human contact.
Full time associates at TouchPoint are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary:¬ Prepares food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures. Ensures quality food service is provided at all times.¬
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
- Serves meals or prepares for delivery by using correct portioning, meeting outlined standards, ensuring that food is at the correct temperature and is attractive and tasty. Tastes all prepared food items.
- Uses established ticket collection procedures during service. Responsible for records from area worked during service periods.
- Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness. Stores or discards excess food in accordance with safe food-handling procedures.
- Keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat. Ensures food and supply items are stored per standards.
- Operates and maintains kitchen equipment as instructed.
- Assists in production planning, record keeping and reporting as required.
- Assists in the ordering and receiving of all food and supplies as required.
- Reports needed maintenance, faulty equipment or accidents to the supervisor immediately.
- Attends in-service and safety meetings.
- Maintains good working relationships with coworkers, customers, administrators and managers.
- Performs job safely while maintaining a clean, safe work environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer.¬ At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.¬ Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.
Req ID: 84511