Committed professional assistant with strong work ethic and excellent attention to detail.
August 2015 – May 2016: Irondale Community School Office Assistant
Responsible for office administration for the school including office communications, organizational support and student care. Able and willing to support faculty as needed.
Duties include: answering phones; monitoring controlled access to building; filing; maintaining student records; registrar; attendance; obtaining & sending student records; attendance reports; reports for principal, teachers and counselor; refer students to Early Warning; student schedules; enter new students into INOW; mailings; printing of progress reports and report cards; end of year reports. Served as initial contact with parents/guardians and other relatives who have questions, concerns, and other issues regarding their students and the school. Updating and sending out messages for SchoolCast. Managed SchoolMall Fundraiser.
- Created numerous new forms including withdrawal, early warning notices, and form for withdrawal student cafeteria account.
July 2013 to June 2015: Jefferson County International Baccalaureate Office Assistant I
Hired after serving as a volunteer to the Office Assistant for five years
Responsible for office administration for the school including office communications, organizational support and student care. Additional work included student applications for the school selection process, transcript work for colleges and transfers and special programs. Practical duties included answering the phones, monitoring controlled access to building, filing, scheduling parent/teacher conferences. Also, collected fees, prepared financial reports, and helping with JCIB yearly fundraiser. Assist principal in making sure employees are following Kronos protocols. Created spreadsheets for Student Services for out of zone & out of district students. Served as initial contact with parents/guardians and other relatives who have questions, concerns, and other issues regarding their students and the school.
- Worked with school IT to create reports that would streamline processes.
- Developed forms for IB coordinator to streamline application processes.
- Manage & execute payroll for SVHS/JCIB/SVTA from start to finish. This includes maintaining Professional Development and Field Trip forms; Form 3s, Supplement forms; bus drivers’ timesheets; managing Sub Reports – verifying what teacher/staff had the sub, verifying reason for sub, identifying funding source; creating spreadsheet for funding source and what is paid by the school; making sure extra pay items are listed on the payroll service report; getting required signatures; taking payroll to the board.
- Assisted with receipting fees with Nextgen during registration and throughout the school. Worked with office coordinator on an as needed basis to enter purchase order information. Pull up activity service reports for staff on what was in their class/club accounts. Work with parents on what fees had been paid and what was still owed.
September 2009 to May 2013: Substitute Teacher
Substitute in classrooms, libraries, and office (Chalkville Elementary; Clay-Chalkville Middle School; Shades Valley High School/Jefferson County International Baccalaureate)
Office duties included: answering phone, filing, assisting with Payroll, handling Professional Development and Field Trip requests, created spreadsheet for JCIB new student applications, supported with JCIB yearly fundraiser, handle transcript requests, obtaining & sending student records; schedule parent/teacher conferences, typed and sent out AP fee letters as well as end of the year senior checklist. Worked with Nextgen to receipt IB fees and fundraiser.
1996 – 1999 Alabama Aegis
Contract Social Worker – hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes
1994 – 1996 Seton Home Health
Social Worker – assisting clients in their home with financial, emotional, and medical needs
1992 – 1994 Gadsden Regional Medical Center
Social Worker – covered psychiatric unit and other patients with mental health needs.
JCIB Academic Booster Club
September 2015 – Present – President
September 2015 – Founder
1999 – Present
2007-2008 – PTA President for Chalkville Elementary
2005-2007 – PTA Treasurer for Chalkville Elementary
Aug 1999 – 2013 – Volunteer in classrooms assisting teachers and students; volunteer in
libraries assisting with shelving, checking books in/out, assisting with computer updates, processing new books; volunteer in the office assisting with day to day operations.
Deerfoot Baptist Church
2002 – 2012 Church Library Director
University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa
MSW – Master of Social Work 1992
The University of Alabama in Birmingham
BSW – Bachelor of Social Work 1987
Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
NextGen Accounting Software
Adobe Pro XI
School Intercom System
Dr. April Miller – JCIB Coordinator
Mary Beth Blankenship – Principal SVHS/JCIB/SVTA
Dr. Charles Yeager – Principal Irondale Community School