I am an IT professional consultant of mainframe applications, with expertise in analysis, design, maintenance and new development. I am a self-starter and self-motivated consultant with the ability to get up to speed quickly. The majority of my work has been performed on legacy mainframe systems across many diverse industries.
HARDWARE / OPERATING SYSTEMS:
IBM MVS OS/390 - Z/OS, EAI, WINDOWS XP/2000/98/95
DB2, DATACOM, IMS DB/DC, TOTL
APS (MICRO FOCUS COBOL) FORTRAN PL/1
ABENDAID FILEAID DB2 PQRY
CA-7/11 FTP PRINCETON TOOLS
CICS HP QUALITY CENTER QMF
CLIST IDEAL QUICKBASE
COBOL INTERTEST ROSCOE
COBOL II JAVA(class) SDF II
CONTROL M/D/R JCL STORED PROCEDURE SQL/COBOL
CHAMP LIBRARIAN TEST DIRECTOR
CHANGEMAN LOTUS NOTES T IBCO EAI
CA DETECTER MQ SERIES TSO/ISPF
DASD MS PROJECT PLAN OWLE
DB2 CONNECT MS OFFICE TOOLS VISIO
DIALOG MANAGER MS COMMUNICATOR OS UTILITIES
EASYTREV PLUS PANVALET VSAM
ENDEVOR PASCAL XML
EXPEDITER PERIGRINE SERVICE CENTER ZEKE
SDLC (Waterfall, JAD, RAD) METHOD1
AUTOMOTIVE HEALTHCARE TELECOMMUNICATIONS
BANKING INSURANCE TRANSPORTATION
COMPUTER SERVICES MANUFACTURING UTILITIES
EDUCATION RETAIL FOOD DISTRIBUTION
GOVERNMENT TECHNOLOGY PRODUCT DISTRIBUTION
BILLING (A/P, A/R) HUMAN RESOURCES PRODUCT TRACKING
CLAIMS PROCESSING LOCKBOX PROCESSING PROJECT / TEAM LEAD
CONVERSIONS MEDICAID/MEDICARE(MMIS) QUALITY CONTROL/ASSURANCE
CUSTOMER SERVICE ORDER PROCESSING RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT
DATA MINING PAYROLL YEAR 2000
HEALTHQUEST / NASCO (PROVIDER PROFILE DATA INTERFACES)
HL7 / Iguana scripting
APEX Staffing, Birmingham, AL. 09/ 2012 – 04/2013
Sr. Programmer Analyst – Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama, Claims IT Department
- Provide mainframe support for the Federally mandated ICD10 migration project. Responsible for analysis, design, code, test and implementation of new and existing programs in anticipation of the upcoming U.S. Affordable Care Act Health Exchange implementation. Analyze, resolve, and implement modifications for defect Host (Association) and Home (BCBSAL) claim data and interfaces.
- Utilized: COBOL2, DB2, SQL, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, SPUFI, RFS, IBM Debug tools, MS Office tools
Circle Technologies, Atlanta GA 02/ 2012 – 09/2012
Sr. Programmer Analyst – Georgia Department of Human Services
- Provide analysis, design, code, test and implementation of new and existing programs for the State of Georgia’s, Welfare, Food Stamp and Medicaid, processing application referred to as, “SUCCESS”. Responsible for gathering requirements, developing logical flowcharts targeted for code development using SDLC methodology.
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, QMF, Expeditor, FileAide, Easytrev, Changeman, Zek, & MS Office
Internal Data Resources, Atlanta GA 02/ 2011 – 02/ 2012
Sr. Programmer Analyst – Washington DC, MMIS – Omnicaid 5010 / ICD10 Migration Project
- Provide new development and maintenance application support to Washington District of Columbia, Medicare and Medicaid Information Systems (MMIS), mandated 4010 to 5010 and ICD-9 to ICD10, migration projects. I was responsible for requirements gathering, analysis, documentation, coding, testing and implementation of both new development and production issues.
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, SQL, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, Access, Expeditor, FileAide, Easytrev, Endevor, Zeke, & MS Office
Internal Data Resources, Atlanta GA 05/ 2010 – 12/ 2010
Sr. Programmer Analyst – Georgia MHN MMMIS - Managed Care
- Provide new development and maintenance application support to the Georgia Medicare and Medicaid Information Systems (MMIS) Managed Care batch and on-line subsystem applications. I was responsible for requirement gathering, analysis, documentation, coding, testing and implementation of both new development and production issues. Additionally, I supported Washington DC MMIS team with defect resolutions, by providing application analysis, coding, testing, and production support.
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, Access, Expeditor, FileAide, Easytrev, Endevor, Zeke, & MS Office tools
Legacy System Solutions, Inc., Alpharetta, GA 01/ 2008 – 01/ 2010
Sr. Programmer Analyst – BCBSSC, Columbia, SC
- Provide new development and maintenance application support to the Strategic Membership “TOTL” Conversion Application. Responsible for requirement gathering and analysis, documentation, coding, testing and implementation of the “Membership TOTL Conversion” batch application. I executed and monitored 60 plus conversion jobs, provided training to peers, developed and incorporated conversion team application standards and process improvements.
Utilized: APS (Micro Focus Cobol), COBOL II, DB2, DB2 Connect (Reflections), JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, ACCESS, SmartTest, Easytrev, MS Project & Office tools, MS Office Communicator
Sapphire Technologies - Alpharetta, GA 07/ 2007 – 11/2007
Sr. Programmer Analyst – Bank Of America, Atlanta, Georgia
- Provide new development and maintenance programming support to the Strata Master Index (SMI) Image data repository. Responsible for gathering, organizing and maintaining procedures, application and technical documentation for the mainframe SMI application. I also, coordinated periodic audits and updates to the SMI repository, assist in development of application standards and process improvements.
Utilized: COBOL II, DB2, DB2 Connect, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, Platinum, Xpeditor, Changeman, FileAide, MQ Series,Perigrine Service Center, SQL, Stored Procedures (SQL, COBOL), FTP, MS Project & Office tools
Cox-Little & Associates Inc., Charlotte, NC 06/ 2005- 04/ 2007
Sr. Programmer Analyst / Technical Lead - US Food Service Inc. Greenville, SC.
- Provide analysis and programming support to the “Pricing Rationale Inventory Management Enterprise” (PRIME) project. Developed the back-end “Contract Management” interface application, which processed update and inquiry transactions received from the front-end GUI interface. I designed and developed background CICS server programs, with multi-directional communication capabilities to the TIBCO EAI middleware. EAI transmitted Contract data between the mainframe and the front-end GUI system in real-time.
- I analyzed problem ticket flow deficiencies between the user community and Order Sales support team and provided structure and process improvement recommendations and standards to improve ticket workflow and resolution.
- Developed the Endevor mapping scheme, used to simultaneously handle multiple development and testing environments for the PRIME project.
- Co-developed a web based, “Lotus SameTime”, seminar for mainframe Cobol II, CICS, JCL, ENDEVOR, Structured Development and best practices for the PRIME team. Executive management required this training series be provided for all USF mainframe groups.
Utilized: COBOL II, Datacom, CICS, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, Xpeditor, Endevor, PQRY, FileAide, TIBCO EAI, Sametime, Remedy, SQL, MS Project & Office tools, MQ Series, FTP, XML, SDF II, Quick-base, Test Director
Legacy System Solutions, Inc., - Alpharetta, GA 03/ 2004 – 05/ 2005
Sr. Programmer Analyst - First Health Services Corporation (FHSC)
- Served as (SME) for State of Virginia Medicaid, Management Administration and Reporting Sub-system, (MARS), removal of hard coded values solution.
- Co-designed a DB2 solution to integrate the VSAM based MARS sub-system with up-stream, DB2 based, MMIS sub-systems.
- Provided design, coding, testing, and implementation plans for integration of the MARS “Hard coded Valid Value and Code Sets” to the up-stream MMIS sub-systems.
- Strong interaction with client and team groups.
Utilized: COBOL II, DB2, CICS, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, OWL, Xpeditor, Endevor, Princeton DB2 Tools, FileAide, MQ Series, FTP, MS Office Tools, VISIO, SDLC Methodology
Sapphire Technologies - Alpharetta, GA 08/ 2002 - 12/ 2003
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Affiliated Computer Systems (GA Multi-HealthCare)
- Provided maintenance and new development support of the GAMHN Phase I and Phase II Medicaid, BORHP and SHBP integration project. Provided full System Life Cycle support, documentation, requirements analysis, systems design, writing technical specification, program logic and subsequent programming, creating test plans, and data conversion for several Medicaid Sub-systems as follows;
- I was responsible for the full life cycle development of the Member subsystem, Medicaid/Medicare Beneficiary Data Exchange System, (BENDEX).
- Provided full life cycle support for the Provider sub-system Network Interface.
- Supported the Interactive Voice Response system, (IVR). Responsible for creating test scripts, implementing, and documenting results using TEST DIRECTOR Case Tool for QA.
- Strong interaction with client, managers and other sub-system teams.
Utilized: COBOL II, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO/ISPF, OWL, Xpeditor, Endevor, FTP, VISIO, MS Project & MS Office Tools, NIKU Time & Workbench, Platinum Tools, FileAide, MQ Series, Test Director, CA Detector, SDLC Methodology
The Proven Method - Buckhead, GA 09/ 2001 - 08/ 2002
Programmer Analyst - Home Depot Store Support Center
- Developed an in-house Driver Applicant Compliance Verification system to interact with the Department of Transportation feeds.
- Provide analysis, enhancements, and problem determination for the Human Resource Departments’ field operations “Store Level Entry” Kiosk program.
- Strong interaction with client and team groups.
Utilized: COBOL, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO, Xpeditor, Endevor, XML (Class), MS Office Tools, JAVA (Class), MQ Series
Allied Automotive - Decatur, GA 03/ 2000 - 08/ 2001
- Built and lead a four person “Infrastructure” team to develop “Quality Assurance” procedures and “Application Programming” standards.
- Provided application support, analysis, enhancements, and problem determination for various batch and on-line applications; (Billing, Operations and Reporting).
- Strong interaction with client and team groups.
Utilized: COBOL, COBOL II, PL/1, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO, Xpeditor, ZEKE, DITTO
CIBER Inc. - Atlanta, GA 12/ 1998 - 12/ 1999
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Lucent Technologies
- Provided maintenance and new develop batch and on-line application support for their Transportation Management System (TMS), Distribution Billing and Accounting System (DBAS), Order Fulfillment System (OFS) and Returns Management System (RMS).
- Responsible for developing the strategy to convert and implement VS COBOL to COBOL II, as well as, enhance their EASYTREV PLUS programs to be Y2K compliant.
- Performed Y2K maintenance, which included impact analysis, documentation and coding.
- Provided programming, system analysis, problem determination, system life cycle strategies and direct client interaction.
Utilized: COBOL, COBOL II, Easytrev, CICS, JCL, VSAM, DB2, IBM ES/9000, Windows 95, FileAide, Platinum Tools, Trans-Century Analysis f or MVS (Platinum Tool) and Librarian
COMSYS, Inc. - Atlanta, GA 12/ 1997 - 11/ 1998
Sr. Programmer Analyst - MCI Corporation
- Provide maintenance and new development support for their Special Customer Arrangement Repository System (SCARS), and several Quarterly Release Development projects, (Forecast Reporting, Data Mining and Cobol II Conversion projects).
- Responsibilities included, on-call production support, programming, system analysis, problem determination and direct client interaction.
Utilized: COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, DB2, JCL, VSAM, TSO, File-Aid and DB2, ENDEVOR and OS UTILITIES
Matrix Inc. - Atlanta, GA 02/ 1997 - 11/ 1997
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Consultec, Inc. - Roswell, GA
- Provided new development and maintenance programming support for West Virginias’ Management and Reporting System (MARS). “MARS”, generates State mandated Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) reports for various states. These reports provide statistical information, used for accountability and forecasting of a States Medicaid and Medicare, Claimants and Providers.
- Support the State of Iowa’s, “MARS” batch and on-line program conversions from COBOL VSE to COBOL II.
- Support the implementation of the MARS reporting system for the State of West Virginia. The State of Iowa’s “MARS” was the foundation used to create the West Virginia “MARS” system. The West Virginia MARS system involved incorporating much of Iowa’s MARS functionality, yet upgraded to provide unique functionality required by the State of West Virginias’ (HIPAA) reports.
- Maintained and updated, the developing Data Dictionary, which defined terms, amounts, counts and conditions reported on the mandated (HIPAA) reports.
- Responsibilities consisted of analysis, design, code, test, implement and document batch and online applications.
Utilized: MVS/390, JCL, ISPF, DB2, CICS, COBOL 77, COBOL II, VSAM, OWLE, EXPEDITOR, FILEAID
Matrix Inc. - Atlanta, GA 10/ 1996 - 02/ 1997
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Kimberly Clark Corp. - Roswell, GA
- Provided programming support for the “Away from Home” sectors' Electronic Data Interface (EDI), inbound (1850s) and outbound (1860s) Invoice transactions.
- Responsible for tracking and validating their “Invoice Acknowledgement” transactions.
- Identified and eliminated redundant ABEND processing for AFH EDI 1850s and 1860s due to corrupt data.
- Analyzed existing systems to identify inefficient processing, provided procedure and specifications for resolving corrupt data issues and implemented the required solution in the Production Environment.
Utilized: IBM 9021/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, ENDEVOR, IDEAL/DATACOM, COBOL, COBOL II, DB2/SQL, PL/1, VSAM, IDCAMS, INFOPAC, EDI Versions 2002/3020, TOSS Email, Windows 95, MS Word and Excell
Metro Information Services - Atlanta, GA 05/ 1996 - 10/ 1996
Sr. Programmer Analyst -Bell South Advertising $ Publishing(BAPCO)- Tucker, GA
- Provided maintenance and new development support for BAPCO's, yellow pages, advertisement categorization and format application, “CLASS”. “CLASS” is a mainframe interface application used to gather and process downloaded data transactions to various mainframe data repositories.
- Responsible for modifications and revisions specific to SPRINT use of the “CLASS” application. Design, code and implement programs for the “CLASS” application.
Utilized: IBM 9021/MVS, TSO/ISPF, JCL, COBOL, IMS DB/DC, SQL, Librarian and QMF.
E.D.P. Contract Services, Inc Southfield, Mi. 01/ 1996 - 03/ 1996
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Chrysler Corporation - Centerline, MI
- Performed maintenance and new development, batch and online, programming support on Chryslers’ “Supplier, Manufacturing, Assembly Recording and Tracking System.” (SMART).
- Responsible for the design, code and implementation of various CICS screens to support maintenance of their production DB2 tables and other related databases, utilized by their suppliers.
- Designed, coded and implemented programs to electronically reset DB2 tables used in the “SMART” systems training course.
Utilized: IBM 9021/MVS, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, COBOL II, DB2, CICS, IMS, DL/1, JCL and Panvalet.
Analyst International Corporation Inc., Detroit, Mi. 09/ 1995 - 12/ 1995
Sr. Programmer Analyst - Perot Systems-Volkswagen of America - Auburn Hills, MI
- Performed maintenance and new development, batch and online, programming support on Volkswagen of Americas' “Corporate Order Processing” and “Vehicle Traffic Maintenance” systems.
- Allowed multiple transactions to be issued for tracking the location of vehicles transported via truck and/or rail car from one destination to the next, and payments to the truck or rail company, from vehicle order through delivery to customer.
Utilized: IBM 9021/MVS, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, COBOL II, DB2, CICS, IMS, DL/1, JCL, Dialogue Manager and Panvalet,
Electronic Data Systems, Cadillac Division - Warren, MI 03/ 1994 - 09/1995
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Performed maintenance and new development, batch and online, programming support on Cadillac's “Order Analyzer” (O.A.), “Cadillac's Customer Information” (CIS), “Cadillac Net-load” (C.N.S.), “Cadillac Courtesy Transportation” (C.C.T.) and “Cadillac Vehicle Maintenance File, Billing and Tracking” systems.
- Responsibilities included analysis, design, code, test, implementation and documentation of applications.
Utilized: IBM 9021/MVS, TSO/ISPF, PL1, COBOL, COBOL II, DB2, CICS, IMS, DL/1, OS/JCL, Easytrev, Champ, Control M/R and Dialogue Manager and Panvalet..
Strategic Staffing Solutions - Detroit, MI 01/ 1994 - 03/ 1994
Programmer Analyst - Eastern Michigan University, Computing - Ypsilanti, MI
- Performed maintenance and new development programming for their Student Accounting system.
- Responsible for converting existing CICS/PLI programs to CICS/COBOL.
- Designed and developed inquiry screens for the Student Accounting System.
- Performed enhancements to the batch PL/1 system.
Utilized: IBM DOS/VSE, VOLLIE, PL1, COBOL, CICS, DOS/JCL and Librarian
Strategic Staffing Solutions - Detroit, MI 11/ 1993 - 01/ 1994
Programmer Analyst - National Bank of Detroit (NBD), Trust & Assets - Troy, MI
- Designed, developed and implemented NBD's Share Holders Asset Reporting System (SHARS), data assembly programs.
- Responsible for coding new data extract applications to create required data repositories for the new SHARS system.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, TSO/ISPF, PL1, COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, OS/JCL and Panvalet.
Strategic Staffing Solutions - Detroit, MI 06/ 1993 - 11/ 1993
Programmer Analyst - National Bank of Detroit (NBD), Lockbox Acct. - Troy, MI
- Responsible for converting one of NBD's wholly owned subsidiaries Retail Lockbox Systems to comply with NBD's Lockbox systems.
- Converted several PL/1 applications to COBOL II.
- Responsible for design, development and implementation of programs and JCL for the systems.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, DL1, OS/JCL, Roscoe, and Librarian
Strategic Staffing Solutions - Detroit, MI 11/ 1992 - 06/ 1993
Programmer Analyst - Michigan Consolidated Gas, Billing & Ledger - Detroit, MI
- Designed, developed and implemented their Customer Relations CARE system.
- Designed, coded, tested and implemented an electronic system used to effectively track contract results between MICHCON customer representatives and clients. Customer Relations utilized this data for employee evaluation, work scheduling and quality assurance forecasting.
- Performed maintenance programming in the Customer Billing group.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, Roscoe, COBOL, COBOL II, CICS, DL/1, OS/JCL, and Librarian
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 04/ 1992 - 10/ 1992
Programmer Analyst - Genix Corporation Systems - Dearborn, MI
- Responsible for the analysis and implementation of a critical key field conversion on the MESC Trust Fund Accounting System (TFAS).
- Responsible for estimating, work planning, programming and supervision of three contract programmers.
- Performed system maintenance, ongoing enhancements as well as processing current user requests.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, JCL, CICS, DB2, (SPUFI, and QMF), Panvalet, Librarian
Automated Solutions - Southfield, MI 05/ 1991 - 04/ 1992
Co-Owner / Vice President / Technical Advisor
- Provided consulting, purchasing and system setups of micro-computers for small business clients.
Utilized: IBM PC DOS, M.Y.O.B., Word-Perfect, Lotus, AMI-PRO, PC Packages
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 07/ 1990 - 04/ 1991
Programmer Analyst - Ford Motor Company, Dealer Computer Services- Detroit, MI
- Designed, developed and implemented Ford's Texas Instrument Equipment Rental Automated Billing Maintenance batch and online application.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, TSO/ISPF, C0BOL, JCL, Panvalet, System Life Cycle Development (SDLC)
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 05/ 1990 - 07/ 1990
Programmer Analyst - Ford Motor Company, Parts and Services Operations Planning -Dearborn, MI
- Developed a macro to upload PC data to the mainframe.
- Wrote programs to reformat data files and provide user friendly screen processing capabilities.
Utilized: IBM 3090/MVS, TSO/ISPF, COBOL, JCL, CLIST, OS JCL and Dialogue Manager
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 10/ 1988 - 03/ 1990
Programmer Analyst - Double Eagle Steel Coating, Marketing – Dearborn, MI
- Responsible for the Warehousing Inventory and Traffic Activity Systems.
- Performed maintenance and new development programming.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, COBOL, PL/1, JCL, CLIST, and Stratus-32 (TPF, FMS, Reflect).
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 03/ 1988 - 09/ 1988
Programmer Analyst - Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan, Systems - Detroit, MI
- Performed claims analysis and generated statistical reports used to forecast benefit policy.
- Wrote programs to provide data analysis, extractions and statistical reporting.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, Data Analyzer, COBOL, PL/1, SAS, JCL, TSO/ISPF and Panvalet.
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 01/ 1987 - 02/ 1988
Programmer Analyst - Double Eagle Steel Co., Marketing Sales - Dearborn, MI
- Responsible for the Level III Business System referred to as Q.E.D.
- Focused efforts on the Warehousing Inventory and Traffic Activity Systems.
- Performed maintenance and new development programming.
Utilized: IBM 3080/MVS, Stratus-32 (TPF, FMS, Reflect), COBOL, PL1, COBOL, JCL, and TSO/ISPF.
E.D.P. Temps and Contract Services - Southfield, MI 10/ 1986 - 12/ 1986
Programmer Analyst - Rogue Steel Company, Marketing & Sales - Dearborn, MI
- Code and implement user request for the Budget and Production Forecasting and Reporting applications
- Performed maintenance and new development batch and on-line programming.
Utilized: IBM 3090/MVS, TSO/ISPF, Dialogue Manager, COBOL, Stratus-32, IMS, DL/1, and JCL.
General Motors, Chevrolet Division/EDS - Milford, MI 01/ 1979 – 09/ 1986
Application System Engineer – Employee
- Performed systems analysis and application programming.
- Served as the Problem Resolution Specialist relative to equipment, customer requirements and capabilities.
- Developed and implemented departmental documentation standards.
- Duties included assignments as Systems Operation Liaison, Software Librarian and Equipment Coordinator.
Utilized: IBM 360/370 MVS, HP 1000, COBOL, PL/1, FORTRAN, PASCAL, JCL, TSO/ ISPF, TELEGRAF, SAS, CLIST