I am the founder of CHRISTCARECOMPASS, LLC; a ministry, Christian Life/Energy Coaching, and Small Business Coaching. This career dovetails from a successful Human Resources career of Twenty –Eight years, and will make your Human Resources partner stronger.
Worked as the Director of Human Resources, for the Diocese of Birmingham in Alabama, 13 years, and have other important job experiences. Work experiences include Human Resources compensation, recruiting, health insurance, benefits development and coordination, employee evaluation, worker's compensation, payroll, accounting services, tax credits and job training programs. Have a strong administrative background and supervisory skills. Being proficient in Human Resources, employee relations, compensation, recruiting, training, and team building have placed the position to meet fluctuating assignments. Effectiveness demonstrated in the ability to meet expectations in a rapid changing environment. Possess the ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously; identify barriers, organize, analyze and systematically solve difficult problems; and supervise personnel at a number of locations enables me to bring immediate value to clients.
Sincerely in Christ,
James H. Warren, II
Christian Life/Energy Coach
Christian Small Business Coach
JAMES H. WARREN, II
Birmingham, Alabama 35226
205-317-3440 email@example.com 205-317-3440
SUMMARY Multi-functional experienced manager, will successfully contribute to the bottom line of an organization; where ethics, clients and employees are important.
AREAS OF KNOWLEDGE
LIFE/ENERGY COACHING SMALL BUSINESS COACHINGHUMAN RESOURCES EMPLOYEE RELATIONS
COMPENSATION DEVELOPMENT CUSTOMER SERVICE FINANCIAL CONTROLS TRAINING
CHRISTCARECOMPASS, LLC April 2013 – present
Owner Christian Life, Energy/Small Business Coaching
Assisting my clients ages sixty to over 100 years of age; develop relationships and attainable goals; live life and have purpose. My friends are “The Greatest Generation,” Veterans, and Coal Miner Daughters and Sons.
Roman Catholic Diocese of Birmingham in Alabama January 1999 – April 2013
DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
- Advised, collaborated, and negotiated with Bishop, Priests, executive Directors, Superintendent of Schools to resolve employee relations issues.
- Managed on professional staff member; Managed Human Resources for over Eighty-five locations
- Developed MSDS Manual and Emergency Action Plan
- Improved pay and working conditions
- Participated in Presbyterial Council and Human Resources Committee meetings
- Educated, and Improved in areas of Human Resources law
- Team Researched and implemented new Human Resources/Payroll System, and 403b Retirement Program
- Developed materials and made presentations regarding Benefits, and Human Resources.
- Always below department budget
- Investigated wage and hour issues and implemented corrections
- Successful nurtured employee grievance procedures; prepared EEOC investigation reports.
BBVA Compass Bancshares, Inc. September 1996 – January 1999 Birmingham, Alabama
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT, CORPORATE COMPENSATION MANAGER
Developed successful use of exempt and non-exempt data base for salary administration.
- Successful in developing regression reports for use in budget preparation, acquisitions and determining salary ranges.
- Accomplished in training and managing one compensation professional.
- Instrumental in making compensation changes in major departments.
- Successful in convincing management to make necessary changes to reduce inequities.
- Negotiates and collaborates with top management and other mangers to resolve employee issues.
- Continues to research, develop, document and make recommendations on various major projects.
- Developed automated systematic on-line source for job descriptions.
- Significant advances made on evaluation and documentation of executive, exempt, and non-exempt jobs.
- Below budget in 1997 and the pattern continues for 1998.
- Instrumental in the development of incentive programs.
Baptist Health System January 1991 - September 1996
DIRECTOR HUMAN RESOURCES November 1994 - September 1996
- Advised, collaborated and negotiated with Vice Presidents and Directors to resolve employee relations issues.
- Managed a staff of up to six professionals.
- Developed departmental manual and accomplished team work between sister hospital.
- Improved Work Place Audit statistics in problem departments.
- Participated in the development of system wide incentive program for all employees.
- Improved computer literacy from 2 to 6 employees in less than one year.
- Researched and implemented development of MICROSOFT ACCESS for computer applicant tracking.
- Researched, purchased and implemented video name badge system.
- Encouraged others and utilized mainframe, Wide Area Network, SAR, PC-Link, E-Mail tools or paper less Human Resources reporting.
- Developed Family Medical Leave Act flow chart and conducted taught classes on FMLA, Benefits, etc.
- Assisted in the development of Human Resources Indicator.
- Reduced Human Resources staff by use of evaluation process to assist in consolidation.
- Below department budget by 23% in 1995 and 26% in 1996.
- Participated in and in placed more than 90% of candidates downsized.
- Investigated wage and hour issues and implemented corrections.
- Taught Sexual Harassment to over 500 BHS managers in HR Update 1995.
- Successful in handling employee grievance and EEOC investigations.
COMPENSATION COORDINATOR January 1991 - November 1994
Achieved Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) status..
- Successfully audited and reported on compensation practices of BHS subsidiaries.
- Researched and gained efficiencies by implementing factor system.
- Conceptualized, and developed Americans with Disabilities package.
- Developed compensation, FMLA, ADA and sexual harassment classes.
- Successfully completed exempt, and non-exempt job evaluation projects.
- Maintained compensation system and generated reports.
- Responsibilities included for wage, and hour compliance and administration.
- Discovered and prevented overtime Wage and Hour investigation.
CLP Corporation/McDonald's Restaurants June 1978 - January 1991
PERSONNEL DIRECTOR December 1984 - January 1991
Started program to hire and train challenged workers.
- Reduced unemployment compensation by $18,000.
- Decreased number of hourly employees by introducing scheduling system.
- Raised employee morale.
- Increased the number of promotions.
- Increased the number of satisfied customers.
- Benefits increased and saved corporation over $150,000 in welfare insurance premiums.
- Reduced uniform replacement costs by centralizing cleaning system.
- Received “Employer of the Year” award in 1988.
- Research, purchased, initiated Tandy computer system for recording and scheduling personnel training and tracking.
- Effective in direction and operations of three store managers and personnel.
- Upgraded employee proficiency.
- Increased management training rate from two to six per month.
- Improved training permitted smooth expansion from 22 to 31 stores.
- Supervised, directed three store managers and 150 personnel .
JUNIOR ACCOUNTANT June 1978 - December 1984
Introduced and developed program that brought $280,000 cash saving to company in two years.
- Initiated and developed program that provides $150,000 toward training employees annually.
- Reduced liability insurance costs by 26% per year.
- Reduced corporate unemployment compensation rate by 2%.
OTHER IMPORTANT ASSOCIATIONS
Loveman's Department Stores Assistant Buyer 1977-1978
Eckerd Drug Company Unit Manager 1976-1977
Warren Drug Store Clerk/Waiter
Birmingham Society of Human Resources
National Society of Human Resources Professionals
World at Work
National Association of Church Business Administration
Bachelor of Science in Management and Economics
Jacksonville State University 1976
Certified Compensation Professional 1991
Dale Carnegie Leadership Training 1994
Stamford University - began work on MBA 1995
IAML Employee Relations Certification 1995
(Institute of Applied Management Law)
Certified Civil Treatment Instructor 1996
World at Word continued education
Society of Human Resources continued education
OTHER IMPORTANT ASSOCIATIONS
Oakmont United Methodist Church
Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Parrish
Holy Trinity-Holy Cross Greek Orthodox Cathedral
Resume and Job Search Classes
Conflict Resolution Classes
Coordination of Stewardship Campaign
JAMES H WARREN II
205-916-0216 christcarecompass.com 205-317-3440