To obtain a Assistant Director/Director position in Early Childhood Education.
•Experience with special-needs students •Student-centered learning •Developmentally appropriate lesson planning •Manage classroom with diverse populations •Creative imagination stimulation through center interaction •Student motivation •Creative learning strategies •Student Assessments •Family and Community engagement •CPR/First Aid certified •Communication skills •Interpersonal skills •Problem solving skills â–ªManagement •Flexibility •Leadership •Self-starter •Organization •Detail oriented •Fundraising •Accounting •Microsoft Office XP
My Blessings Family Child Day Care - Birmingham, AL
• Managed and operated family child care providing high quality programs.
• Developed and implemented parent handbook, staff policies and procedures.
• Contracted with Head Start program using developmentally appropriate practices.
• Effectively used developmentally appropriate practices for toddlers and preschoolers.
• Prepared lesson plans for diversified environment including special needs population.
• Utilized differentiated instruction and other teaching strategies to equip students for 21st century learning.
• Successfully improved student participation through integration of creative role-playing exercises.
â–ª Prepared monthly and annual financial statements, budget, bank reconciliation, and bank deposits.
09/05-03/06 Administrative Assistant
AL Employment Agency- Birmingham, AL,
• Assistant to Senior Level Executives in Corporate Human Resources.
• Conducted interviews and made hiring recommendations for Saks Internship program.
• Managed travel arrangements, scheduled meetings, and typed correspondence.
â–ª Prepared PowerPoint presentations for annual events, study tours, and social events.
ADDITIONAL WORK HISTORY
06/08-12/08 CSR/Insurance Agent
Alasure Insurance Agency - Birmingham, AL.
• Managed and operated agency with minimum supervision, saving company $38k on staff.
• Processed A/P, A/R, client payments, reconciliation, and prepared daily bank deposits.
â–ª Performed rating duties on line, endorsements, issued certificates of insurance and binders.
â–ª Awarded “Top Producer of the Quarter” (2008) for sales and service within a demanding, high volume setting.
Associate of Arts in Accounting, Lawson State Community College
Bachelors in Business Administration, Faulkner University
Licensed P & C Insurance Agent, Alabama Department of Insurance
Licensed Family Child Care Provider, Alabama Department of Human Resources
Masters of Art in Education with a focus in Early Childhood Education (completion 08/15)
Glen Iris Elementary School PTA, 2004-2007
Phillips Academy School PTA, 2009 and 2011-2012
New Good Hope Baptist Church, 2014